Fresh vegetables are slow cooked with herbs, spices and aromatic basmati rice to create this delicious medley.
Servings: 4 Servings
- 1 pack Sabzi Pulao Recipe Kit (No. 35)
- 1 cup Basmati Rice [1 cup = 7 oz]
Produce & Natural Foods
- 1 cup Peas (shelled) [1 cup = 6 oz]
- 1 piece Potato [1 medium-sized = 0.5 lb]
- 0.5 piece Onion [1 medium-sized = 0.4 lb]
- 2 piece Tomato [1 medium-sized = 0.4 lb]
Basic Cooking Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon Cooking Oil [Sunflower, Safflower, Canola OR Olive Oil based on preference]
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Cutting & Chopping
1. Peel and cut potato in ¼ inch thick strips.
- 2. Peel and thinly slice onion.
- 3. Finely chop tomato.
- 1. Add 1 cup of basmati rice with 2 cups of water to the pressure cooker OR rice cooker or sauce pan. Add potato strips, shelled peas, sliced onion, chopped tomato, 1 Tablespoon of oil, entire contents of Gold Pack, 1 teaspoon of salt and red chili (optional, according to taste). Cover the rice cooker/ sauce pan and cook till rice is cooked. If using sauce pan, add more water if rice is not cooked properly.
Cooking Time Cooking Time quoted is in case Pressure Cooker is used to cook.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!