Vegetables are marinated with ginger, garlic, cumin and other aromatic spices and then grilled or baked.
Servings: 3 Servings
- 1 pack Tandoori Sabzi Recipe Kit (No. 36)
Produce & Natural Foods
- 0.75 pound Cauliflower [Florets only]
- 1 piece Potato [1 large-sized = 0.7 lb]
- 1.25 piece Onion [1 ¼ medium-sized = 0.5 lb]
- 2 piece Fresh Ginger Root [2 inch long & roughly ½ inch diameter OR Equivalent]
- 4 piece Garlic Cloves (medium-sized)
- 1 oz Fresh Mint
- 0.5 oz Fresh Cilantro
- 0.5 piece Jalapeno
Basic Cooking Ingredients
- 2 tablespoon Cooking Oil [Sunflower, Safflower, Canola OR Olive Oil based on preference]
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Cutting & Chopping
1. Peel and cut potato in ¼ inch thick strips.
- 2. Peel and cut 1 piece of onion into ¼ inch thick rounds. Peel the other ¼ piece of onion.
- 3. Peel & finely dice one piece of fresh ginger root OR grate using ginger grater. Peel the other piece of fresh ginger root.
- 4. Peel & finely mince 2 garlic cloves OR crush using garlic press. Peel the other 2 pieces of garlic cloves.
- 5. Squeeze juice of the lemon.
1. To prepare marinade mix 2 Tablespoon of oil, minced ginger, minced garlic, entire contents of Gold Pack & 1 teaspoon of salt to uniform consistency. Taste the marinade for Spiciness OR Pungency. Please note the marinade will be salty as vegetables still need to be added. Adjust the Spiciness OR Pungency based on preference by adding red chili in increments of ⅛ teaspoon.
(Note the final amount of red chili added for adjusting Spiciness Or Pungency as it will come handy while cooking other recipes)
- 2. Apply the marinade well to vegetables.
- Baking or Grilling
1. Either slow grill it on Grill OR bake it in an Oven. To grill it, slow grill on grill till vegetables are properly cooked. To bake it, pre-heat the oven to 400K, add marinated vegetables to baking pot, cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake it till vegetables are properly cooked and then remove the foil and broil it on high heat for 1-2 minutes to get the crispiness.
- Put mint leaves, cilantro leaves, 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice, 2 peeled garlic cloves, peeled piece of ginger, peeled onion, jalapeno, entire contents of Silver Pack, ¼ teaspoon of salt & ¼ cup of water in blender and blend till smooth.
Cooking Time Cooking time quoted is if Pressure Cooker is used to boil lentils. It will take anywhere between 30-40 minutes to boil lentils in Sauce Pan. How to Tell When Oil is Hot When a small piece of food (a bit of ginger OR garlic OR onion) sizzles immediately when added to the pan. Start Cooking only after all the Preparation steps are completed In Indian Cooking each step move fast so every ingredient should be in ready-to-cook state and should be close to the cooking station before starting cooking.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!