Chicken strips are marinated in yoghurt & aromatic spices, grilled or shallow fried and then cooked in balanced creamy sauce of sweet & tart tomatoes, fresh herbs and spices.
Servings: 4 Servings
- 1 pack Murgh Tikka Masala Recipe Kit (No. 11)
- 1 pound Chicken [Boneless & Skinless]
Produce & Natural Foods
- 1 piece Bell Pepper [1 large-sized = 0.6 lb]
- 2 piece Onion [2 medium-sized = 0.8 lb]
- 2 piece Tomato [2 medium-sized = 0.6 lb]
- 0.5 piece Jalapeno
- 1 piece Fresh Ginger Root [2 inch long & roughly ½ inch diameter OR Equivalent]
- 4 piece Garlic Cloves (medium-sized)
Dairy & Eggs
- 0.5 cup Yoghurt (Plain & Non-Fat OR Greek) [0.5 cup = 4 oz]
- 0.25 cup Heavy Cream [0.25 cup = 2 oz]
Basic Cooking Ingredients
- 3 Tablespoon Cooking Oil [Sunflower, Safflower, Canola or Olive Oil based on preference]
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Cutting, Chopping & Whipping
1. Cut chicken in ½” thick, about 2” long strips.
- 2. De-seed and thinly slice bell pepper, about 1” width cut lengthwise.
- 3. Peel & cut first onion into ¼ inch thick rounds.
- 4. Peel and finely dice second onion.
- 5. Peel & finely dice fresh ginger root or grate using ginger grater.
- 6. Peel & finely mince garlic cloves or crush using garlic press.
- 7. Deseed & finely dice jalapeno.
- 8. Finely chop Tomatoes.
- 9. Whip yoghurt to smooth consistency.
1. To prepare marinade mix whipped yoghurt, minced ginger, minced garlic, entire contents of Gold Pack & 1 teaspoon of salt. Apply it well to sliced chicken, sliced bell pepper & onion rings.
- Grilling or Shallow Frying
1. Grill marinated chicken, bell pepper & onion rings OR Shallow Fry marinated chicken, bell pepper & onion rings by heating 1 Tablespoon of oil in a wok on medium heat, till chicken and vegetables are nicely cooked. Remove cooked chicken & veggies from the grill OR wok.
- Preparing Herb & Spice Mix (Layering Technique)
Heat 1 Tablespoon of oil in a wok. Same wok that was used for shallow frying chicken and vegetables can be used for these steps.
- Layer 2
When oil is heated, turn heat to medium and add entire contents of Black Pack to roast spices. Continue on medium heat, stirring often, till you smell slight aroma of roasted spices. It will take 10-15 seconds to roast spices if oil is hot enough.
- Layer 3
Add diced onion and de-seeded jalapeno. Continue on medium heat, stirring often, until the all onion pieces become translucent.
- Layer 4
Add chopped tomatoes, 1 cup of water, entire contents of Silver Pack and ground red chili (optional, according to taste). Stir it gently to mix it well. Continue on medium heat stirring occasionally till tomatoes become pulpy and their skin separates.
- Layer 5
Add grilled/ fried chicken & vegetables to the mix and let it cook for 5 minutes. Adjust salt if required.
- Layer 6
Add heavy cream to the gravy and cook for another 2 minutes.
How to Tell When Oil is Hot When a small piece of food (a bit of ginger OR garlic OR onion) sizzles immediately when added to the pan. Start Cooking only after all the Preparation steps are completed In Indian Cooking each step move fast so every ingredient should be in ready-to-cook state and should be close to the cooking station before starting cooking.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!