Ground meat blended with exotic spices and fresh herbs, onions & jalapeno; flattened and cooked on a slow heat to perfection. Kebab from repertoire of Mughal kitchens.
Servings: 4 Servings
- 1 pack Chapli Kebab Recipe Kit (No. 13)
- 1 pound Lamb [Ground]
Produce & Natural Foods
- 1 piece Onion [1 medium-sized = 0.4 lb]
- 1 piece Fresh Ginger Root [2 inch long & roughly ½ inch diameter OR Equivalent]
- 4 piece Garlic Cloves (medium-sized)
- 1 piece Jalapeno
- 0.5 oz Fresh Cilantro
Basic Cooking Ingredients
- 6 Tablespoon Cooking Oil [Sunflower, Safflower, Canola or Olive Oil based on preference]
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Cutting, Chopping & Whipping
1. Peel and finely dice onion.
- 2. Peel & finely dice fresh ginger root OR grate using ginger grater.
- 3. Peel & finely mince garlic cloves OR crush using garlic press.
- 4. Mince cilantro leaves.
- 5. De-seed & finely dice jalapeno.
- Preparing Spices
1. Heat small Frying Pan and add entire contents of Gold Pack and dry roast spices for 2 minutes on medium heat stirring consistently.
- 2. Coarsely ground the roasted mix using mortar and pestle OR spice/coffee grinder OR small hammer & bowl. Make sure all equipment/tool is clean and dry before usage.
- Mix minced meat, diced onions, minced ginger, minced garlic, minced cilantro leaves, diced jalapeno/ serrano peppers, roasted spices, entire content of Black Pack, 1 teaspoon of salt and red chili (optional, according to taste). Knead the mix really well.
- Kebab Patties
1. Shape minced mix in ½” inch thick, 4” diameter patties.
- Shallow Frying Kebabs
1. Heat a Tablespoon of oil in heavy base frying pan and shallow fry patty on low heat . Cover the pan with lid till it turns golden brown. Turn the patty and repeat the process of shallow frying patty till the other side turns golden brown. Add oil from the side of patty if needed.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!